Karen has authored and passed significant education legislation to enhance opportunities for students.
A voice of Leadership
Proven year over year
- Secured funding for a connecting tunnel in Taylorsville
- Received funding to help Kearns build their Veterans Memorial
- Assisted in prioritizing important road projects such as 5400 South, Mountain View Corridor, and Bangerter Highway Improvements
Karen gets results
and won't stand for less
In addition to her regular legislative committee assignments, Karen is sought out and appointed to serve on a number of important State committees. This committee work has a great impact on the State of Utah, our economy and on our lives.
By Peg Mcentee Mayne, a lifelong labor supporter, had joined in with the AFL-CIO of...
We love our Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Carroon....
Accompanied by bill sponsor Senator Karen Mayne, Governor Gary Herbert ceremonially signed Senator Mayne’s recently...
- Interim Committee Presentations: Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment: Beekeepers will have restrictions and regulation by political subdivisions. We have several beekeepers in our neighborhoods. ...
Karen Up Close and Personal
A life-long resident of Salt Lake’s West Side
Graduating from Granger High and continuing her education at Stevens Henager Business College. Working togeth- er with her late husband Ed, Karen serves as an advocate for all West Side residents. Karen is the proud mother of Paul (Jana) Mayne, and Jamie (Trever) Jennings and six grandchildren.
- Administrative Rules We have had important conversations about additional training for police...
- The summer months bring festivals, vacations, and outdoor fun, but for the...
- See this video roundtable with Nick Burns at the Salt Lake Community...