Session Has Begun!!!
Bills I am working on:
- SB 14: Industrial Accident Restricted Account Sunset
This bill modifies provisions relating to the Industrial Accident Restricted Account.
- SB 21: Public Safety and Firefighters Retirement Death Benefits
Provides equity in retirement payments to surviving spouses.
- SB 30: Aggravated Murder Amendments
Adds security guards, search and rescue personal, and ambulance employees to the list of "first respondents" covered under aggravated murder legislation.
- SB 40: Workers Compensation Dependent Benefit Amendments
Allows payment to dependents of a worker killed on the job.
- SB 42: Sunset Amendments for State Services Agreements
Which shares federal postal services with state agencies.
- SB 53: Workers Compensations Coordination of Benefits Amendments
Puts policies in place to pay medical costs of injured workers.
- SB 64: Workers Compensation Health Care Amendments
Governs the cost paid for services for injured workers.
- SB 70: Human Resource Requirements
Directs charter schools and special service districts to have a human resource person in place.
- SB 74: Voter Privacy Amendments
Protects voter privacy information.
- SB 85: Controlled Substance Disposal Amendments
Codifies legislation for the safe disposal of drugs in skilled living facilities.
- SB 92: Workers Compensations Attorney Fees Amendments
Sets guidelines for legal fees for injured workers.
My Other Legislation:
(yet to be numbered):
- Design and Build Amendments: cuts regulations so affordable and appropriate housing can be built effectively.
- Construction Trades Licensing Amendments: allows new licensing for sprinkler technicians.
- Concurrent Resolution on Reducing Gang Activity: which puts an emphasis on supporting interventions in Elementary school to combat the growing problem of early gang recruitment.
- Metro Township Modifications, adds additional governing structure for Metro Townships.
- Separation from Payroll Amendments, allows for better reporting of wages for separate employees.
- State Fire Code Amendments, provides codes that better mirror federal standards.
- Transportation Infrastructure for Charter and Private Schools, establishes plans for long term transportation needs.
- UTA Board Realignment
You can read my bills online here!
Hot Bills On the Hill:
- HB0205 - Down Syndrome Nondiscrimination Abortion Act
- SCR004 - Concurrent Resolution on Deaths from Opioid-induced Postoperative Respiratory Depression
- SB0071 Road Tolls Provisions
- HB0038 Fireworks Restrictions
- HB0012 Family Planning Services Amendments
Visit the website here.
Committees That I am sitting on this session
- Business and Labor
- Economic Development and Workforce Service
- Transportation, Public Utilities and Technology
- Retirement and Independent Entities
- Executive Appropriations
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations Subcommittee
Visit the website here
Week One In Review
Wednesday, January 24, Democrats Respond to the State of the State Address
Great to meet with students from my district! -Thomas Jefferson Junior High
Spoke with 7th graders who asked some very engaging questions!
This week was a busy one for me, as I have presented several of my bills to the Senate committees already!
Meet my session intern! TJ Waltz is a student at Weber State University. He is studying Political Science. He has already been a huge help this session.
Tell me what is important to you.
Join me for my Town Hall meeting!
Get updates on the Legislative session, my bills, and what's happening in the community.
My intern TJ Waltz can be reached at: 801-870-0944
To stay up to date on day to day events, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my website:
Main Legislative Website: http://le.utah.gov/
Main Senate Minority Website: http://www.utahsenatedemocrats.org/home/