We had a great meeting last Friday at the Town Hall with Representative Hutchings, and this last Thursday along side Mayor Ben Mcadams. Thank you for staying informed and involved with our local issues.
Please take my survey to let me know your stance on different issues we are currently facing.
Click this link for my survey
We have now successfully passed four bills through both chambers while four more of my bills have passed through the Senate and are now being considered in the House.
- SB 40: Workers Compensation Dependent Benefit Amendments
Allows payment to dependents of a worker killed on the job.
- SB 42: Sunset Amendments for State Services Agreements
Which shares federal postal services with state agencies.
- SB 70: Human Resource Requirements
Directs charter schools and special service districts to have a human resource person in place.
- SB 74: Voter Privacy Amendments
Protects voter privacy information.
These are my bills that have passed through committee and are waiting to be heard on the Senate floor.
- SB 64: Workers Compensation Health Care Amendments
Governs the cost paid for services for injured workers.
- SB0133 - Design and Build Amendments
Cuts regulations so that affordable and appropriate housing can be built effectively.
- SB0175- Metro Township Modifications
Adds additional governing structures for Metro Townships.
You can read my bills online here!
Hot Bills On the Hill:
- HB0163 Prescription Drug Importation Program
- HB0195 Medical Cannabis Policy
- HB0210 - End of Life Options Act
- HB0072 Personal Communications of Governmental Entity Employees and Officers
- HB0012 Family Planning Services Amendments
Visit the website here.
Committees That I am sitting on this session
- Business and Labor
- Economic Development and Workforce Service
- Transportation, Public Utilities and Technology
- Retirement and Independent Entities
- Executive Appropriations
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations Subcommittee
Visit the website here
Week Four In Review
Town Hall meeting with Representative Hutchings at the Olympic Oval in Kearns.
Enjoyed being able to meet with friends and constituents at our Town Hall meeting with Rep. Eric Hutchings and Mayor Ben Mcadams
Honored to be able to meet with_ the young women who participated in the Kearns Achievement Pageant_
Press conference on Women's Health and Breast Cancer Examinations
Constituent Survey Results
Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback last week. Here are the results:
Q1 Would you support eliminating the sales tax on all food items while raising the sales tax on non-food items?
Q2 Do you support the idea that the penalty for targeting and killing a Police K9 should be increased a second degree felony?
Q3 Do you believe that your voter registration information should be protected so that your day of birth is not accessible for purposes not related to voting?
Q4 Do you believe that terminally-ill patients should have the right to physician-assisted end-of-life options?
801-232-6648 / 801-968-7756
My intern TJ Waltz can be reached at: 801-870-0944 / firstname.lastname@example.org