We’ve hit the end of week two and my bills are moving fast. I currently have eight bills awaiting discussion on the Senate floor while three are going to be debated in the House next week.
These are my bill that have already been passed through the Senate.
- SB 14: Industrial Accident Restricted Account Sunset
This bill modifies provisions relating to the Industrial Accident Restricted Account.
- SB 21: Public Safety and Firefighters Retirement Death Benefits
Provides equity in retirement payments to surviving spouses.
- SB 85: Controlled Substance Disposal Amendments
Codifies legislation for the safe disposal of drugs in skilled living facilities.
These are my bills that have passed through committee and are waiting to be heard on the Senate floor.
- SB 30: Aggravated Murder Amendments
Adds security guards, search and rescue personal, and ambulance employees to the list of “first respondents” covered under aggravated murder legislation.
- SB 40: Workers Compensation Dependent Benefit Amendments
Allows payment to dependents of a worker killed on the job.
- SB 42: Sunset Amendments for State Services Agreements
Which shares federal postal services with state agencies.
- SB 53: Workers Compensations Coordination of Benefits Amendments
Puts policies in place to pay medical costs of injured workers.
- SB 64: Workers Compensation Health Care Amendments
Governs the cost paid for services for injured workers.
- SB 70: Human Resource Requirements
Directs charter schools and special service districts to have a human resource person in place.
- SB 74: Voter Privacy Amendments
Protects voter privacy information.
- SB 92: Workers Compensations Attorney Fees Amendments
Sets guidelines for legal fees for injured workers.
You can read my bills online here!
Hot Bills On the Hill:
- HB0205 – Down Syndrome Nondiscrimination Abortion Act
- HB0195 – Medical Cannabis Policy
- SB0011 – Public Education Recodification – Local Administration
- HB0038 – Fireworks Restrictions
- HB0012 – Family Planning Services Amendments
Visit the website here.
Committees That I am sitting on this session
- Business and Labor
- Economic Development and Workforce Service
- Transportation, Public Utilities and Technology
- Retirement and Independent Entities
- Executive Appropriations
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations Subcommittee
Visit the website here
Week Two In Review
Talking with Senator Davis on the Senate floor
Presenting my legislation on Public Safety and Firefighter Death Benefits
Weekly meeting with Leadership and the Governor
My granddaughter got to intern with me for the day.
Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback last week. Please take my week two survey here!
Join me for my Town Hall meeting!
Get updates on the Legislative session, my bills, and what’s happening in the community.
My intern TJ Waltz can be reached at: 801-870-0944 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date on day to day events, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my website:
Main Legislative Website: http://le.utah.gov/
Main Senate Minority Website: http://www.utahsenatedemocrats.org/home/