My Bills This Week:
Metro Township Amendments
Utah First Economic Development Amendments
SB164: This bill directs the Governor’s Office of Economic Development to promote and encourage the employment of Utah workers, the purchase of Utah goods, and the growth of Utah businesses.
Scholarships for Public Safety Officers
SB165: This bill allocates $200,000 every year to a scholarship fund for our state’s police officers. Because pay is often low for our officers, this fund will help them achieve the higher education they need and desire.
These three bills are all on the Senate Second Reading Calendar, to be read on the Senate floor in the near future.
You can read my bills online here!
Hot Bills On The Hill:
- SB172 Barber Licensing Restriction Changes
- SB29 Utah Marriage Commission Amendments
- SB176 Public Transit Authority Collective Bargaining Amendments
Visit the website here.
Committees That I Am Sitting On This Session
- Business and Labor
- Economic Development and Workforce Service
- Transportation, Public Utilities and Technology
- Retirement and Independent Entities
- Executive Appropriations
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Retirement and Independent Entities Appropriations Subcommittee
Visit the website here
It was a privilege to honor the Workplace Safety Committee for their efforts and dedication to educating the public about safe work practices.
Workplace Safety week has been designated this year to be from June 18-24.
I am honored to have been awarded the Chamber West Hall of Fame Award. It is a pleasure and a privilege to serve you!
Survey Results – Previous Newsletter:
Thank you for taking last week’s surveys. Here are the compiled results:
1. Do you favor taking money from the Transportation Fund for Education?
Yes: 46%, No: 54%
2. Should we remove the sales tax on personal hygiene products? (HB71, Hygiene Tax Act)
Yes: 41%, No: 59%
3. Do you support collecting “sales tax” on online purchases?
Yes: 77%, No: 23%
4. Do you support Planned Parenthood?
Yes: 77%, No: 23%
New Constituent Survey:
Please click the following link to answer a few questions about issues being debated during the Legislative Session: